New Coat of Arms - Indivual or Guild

Information on Custom Clothing

New Coat of Arms - Indivual or Guild

Postby Gil_Manel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Currently, my Guild (Lords and Ladies of Legend, LLL) has the Coat of Arms on the Excavator Cape for all Members, with variants of the CoA also appearing on the Conjurer Cape (for Squires), Cape of the Unbreakable (for Knights), and Fast Regeneration Cape (for Council); the Excavator Cape is in our Guild folder, while the others are individual, based on rank.

We've decided to update our Coat of Arms; new designs for Basic Members, Squire, Knight, Council-Member and Guild-Master. A vote of our membership shows, however, that a large minority want the ability to continue wearing the old design, either exclusively, or, at least, on one cape. So, I don't believe that we'll be able to do a simple swap of files, and, this brings along a few questions.

With some members wishing to continue wearing the old design, will this mean that we'll need to forget about using the Guild folder for any of these new designs? In other words, if we place the new Basic Member cape in the Guild Folder, would that supersede an old Basic Member cape in someone's individual folder? Would the simplest (perhaps, only?) way of doing this be to put the new design into individual folders, and not use the Guild Folder at all?

Realize that it'll almost certainly be more 'expensive' doing it on a member-by-member basis, but, I'm not too concerned with that; the Guild will pick up the cost.

Also, if any "artists" happen to read this, I'd love to get in touch with you about creating the proper meshes and files needed to make this change!

Thanks!

Gil-Manel
Gil_Manel

Re: New Coat of Arms - Indivual or Guild

Postby Sir_Odie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Personal clothes always supersede guild clothes. So if the majority of the guild wants the new design, use the guild-folder for the new design and give those who want to keep the old one the clothes as personal clothes.
Sir_Odie
Site Admin

Re: New Coat of Arms - Indivual or Guild

Postby Gil_Manel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Ah, thank you, Sir Odie...just the opposite of what I thought. That will make things much simpler!
Gil_Manel

Return to Information