Setup for Windows

How to set up Custom Clothing

Setup for Windows

Postby Sir_Odie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:35 pm

If you are using Windows, you can set up Custom Clothing (viewing clothes) simply by using this script.
Download (right-click --> Save Target As) and run it (double click it); if everything worked, you should get a message to type #update in-game. Do it and after some minutes you should see some players wearing custom clothes...

If you get error messages or don't see any custom clothes after more than 30 minutes, check this forum for hints or send an in-game PM...
Sir_Odie
Site Admin

Re: Setup for Windows

Postby Dar_Elik » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 am

Hey guys,

I've been helping people set up their custom clothing stuff for awhile, but have been having a real problem with the ones that are running Windows Vista.

They've tried running the script, I've tried talking them through creating custom_mirrors.lst files, I've tried having them download a custom_mirrors.lst file that I put in a ZIP file for them and tried having them extract it to the right spot, but can't get it going for them.

I use WinXP, so I am not at ALL familiar with how Vista works with its folder structure, Windows Explorer or anything.

Anybody got a good way to explain to people running Vista how to set up the custom stuff?

Thanks
-D-
Dar_Elik

Postby Sir_Odie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Unfortunately there is a bug in Vista that prevents the download of the clothes, even though everything is installed correctly... :=((
It works fine on XP and Win7, only Vista has this problem.
I already talked to the developer who implemented the new clothing support in the client and he promised to build a workaround for that problem. So atm we can only wait for that patch or update to Win7...
Sir_Odie
Site Admin

Postby Dar_Elik » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm

OH!

Thanks, Odie.

I've been pulling what's left of my hair out trying to get people's customs to work when they're using Vista.

I shall pass the info along.

Thanks again
-D-
Dar_Elik

Postby Sir_Odie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 pm

YW :=))

Another thing to try (though i do NOT recommend it) would be running el 'as Administrator', which should work according to microsoft. I can't test it, I have no Vista...
Sir_Odie
Site Admin

Return to Instructions